[rescue] Thin Client for garage

Marty Scholes martyscholes at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 23:48:53 CDT 2011

Robert Darlington <rdarlington <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It was easy, took maybe 15 minutes.   I run it on a SunFire V100 running
> Solaris 10.
>
> -Bob

Yet another +1 for Sun Rays.

I have five workstations in my house, two of which are triple-head.

In fact, I'm posting from a triple-head station in my home office.

Server runs Opensolaris build 128a.  Getting SRSS to work can be daunting, but
once the bruises heal a little, it's not so bad.

We also run VirtualBox, so any family member can have access to any flavor of
Windows/Linux that they feel like.  One of my sons has about half a dozen
installs of Windows: one for school, one for personal use, one that's XP, one
that's 7, one to install untested software to and not cry if the OS image is
compromised, etc.

Anyone in the family can walk away from a session and pick it back up anywhere
in the house.  No one fights over "the computer."