[rescue] Easiest way to run an old Sparc binary on another unix?

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri Oct 29 13:07:13 CDT 2010

On Oct 29, 2010, at Oct 29, 2010 12:42 PM, Ethan O'Toole wrote:

>> OpenBSD pre v4.8 will have support for running solaris binaries, not
>> sure how well it works though as they took it out & shot it in 4.8
>
> AH HAH! Thanks! I thought one of the OSes did, and had looked at NetBSD
already but it's abilities are running parallel architecture NetBSD binaries
on other platform (68K mac on 68K sun, both running netbsd type of deal.)

NetBSD/sparc and sparc64 have the ability to run SunOS 4.x and 5.x binaries:

http://www.netbsd.org/ports/sparc/faq.html#emulation-setup

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org