[rescue] Easiest way to run an old Sparc binary on another unix?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Fri Oct 29 13:24:59 CDT 2010

> NetBSD/sparc and sparc64 have the ability to run SunOS 4.x and 5.x binaries:
> http://www.netbsd.org/ports/sparc/faq.html#emulation-setup

Ah. My goal is to not have to run another computer to run this service. At
the space we have a bunch of systems, but the ones that are on all the
time and serving the internet consist of a NetBSD x86, a VMWare system
with a bunch of images (mostly linux), and one or two other linux systems.

There is a v100 but people like to play with it, and a few other sparc
systems. I tested the binary on a Sparcstation 5 that is part of a Cray
setup.

Speaking of which, another post on that.