[rescue] SGI goodies anyone?

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Fri Oct 15 19:49:31 CDT 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Robert Darlington wrote:

> Don't make adapter cables to go from 20A plugs to 15A plugs or swap
> out the plug unless you know for sure what you're doing and that you
> know FOR SURE you're at 15A or less.  Circuit breakers only go so far
> in protecting people.

Indeed.

Little to big is fine.
Big to litte, you need some sort of distribution board / fuse / MCB.

Circuit breakers, fuses, etc, are ther to stop your place from burning
down. They are not there to stop you from killing yourself and / or
others.

ELCBs / RCBOs / RCD / whatever we're calling them nows, they might stop
you from !instant death! but I'd rather you touched that wire and not
me.

And me, my house has a 100A fuse from the electric company, 100A RCB
isolator, half the house is fed from an RCD. And here in blighty, we get
230 -10% +6% (otherwise known as 240V) through the wire.

All very weird thsi stuff coming up on the list considering I seem to
have been talking about electrickery all week on various lists, in the
pub and at the factory.

I have coveted a friend's place, which used to be a printing shop. He
has a 3 phase board in his basement. Mmmmm.... 3 phase.

--
Steven Hill

"Hold on to your Dixie Cups, babes! THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!"
 				- Dan Fielding - Night Court