[rescue] SGI goodies anyone?

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 19:27:09 CDT 2010

Every home in North America (with I'm sure a small handfull of exceptions)
is wired for 240 volts at 50 amps or greater.  It's pretty easy to add a 20
amp circuit if you need to.  I have 240 volt 30A circuits in my shop
(upstairs middle bedroom) for various equipment like vacuum pumps,
environmental chambers, and tools.  I want to echo what Ian said about fire
if you screw up.  If in doubt, stay out of the breaker panel.  Don't make
adapter cables to go from 20A plugs to 15A plugs or swap out the plug unless
you know for sure what you're doing and that you know FOR SURE you're at 15A
or less.  Circuit breakers only go so far in protecting people.

-Bob