[rescue] Octane won't talk to the outside world...

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sat Nov 20 08:06:20 CST 2010

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2010, Steve Sandau wrote:

> People ask me why I bother being good with vi.

    Or TECO or DG's "EDIT"...

> Because it is on virtually every *nix box I have ever used.

    There's more to life than *NIX.  ;-)

    Don't get me wrong, assorted versions of *NIX have been very
good to me for the past quarter-century, but that's just one of
very many operating systems that are and have been.

> To me it's kind of like knowing how to drive a standard...

    Which is very useful.  One never knows when one is going
to have to drive one.  (Actually, I drive one most every day.)

    Cheers!