[rescue] Octane won't talk to the outside world...

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Nov 20 12:50:50 CST 2010

On 11/20/10 13:38, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> On Friday, November 19, 2010, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> When things get REALLY fun is when you find yourself on a vxo with a
>> terminal so broken vi doesn't work.
>>

>> This is when cat and perl are your friends...
>
> Why not ex?  If you have vi, you probably have ex as well...

Well, ex specifically because although I have on occasion unwillingly
tried to use ed, I've never used ex.  :)

Honestly, when I've had to do essential editing on anything so badly
broken vi doesn't work, I've done it with cat, sed and perl because it's
*easier* than battling ed.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.