[rescue] Octane won't talk to the outside world...

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Sat Nov 20 10:24:33 CST 2010

Carl R. Friend wrote:
>    On Fri, 19 Nov 2010, Steve Sandau wrote:
>
>> People ask me why I bother being good with vi.
>
>    Or TECO or DG's "EDIT"...
>
>> Because it is on virtually every *nix box I have ever used.
>
>    There's more to life than *NIX.  ;-)

I have been a Solaris/Linux/HP-UX/BSD admin for some time, so vi is
really useful.

I do want to branch out though. I don't think my wife would go for a
PDP-10, where I used TECO in a past life. (Gotta love a program that
when told "make war" answers "not love?")

I could probably get away with some piece of hardware to run OpenVMS
which, for some unknown reason, I'd really like to do.

Steve