[rescue] WTB: SGI (MIPS architecture) Systems

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Fri May 21 09:36:06 CDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net> wrote:

<snip>

> Video card set should be a Reality Engine 2.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SGI_Onyx
>
> Nice boxes tho.
>
> Add a keyboard + mouse, and get a cable to hook it to a monitor that can
> handle the resolution and it should work.

The keyboard  / mouse for these things have a PS2 type connector but
they're definitely not a PS2 keyboard/mouse.  I had to buy an old
Indigo (toaster shaped box, not the Indigo2) just to get a set after I
stupidly gave my original away when I sold my first Onyx.

Later I bought an adapter for these things so that I could use
ordinary PS2 keyboards with them and you can probably find them if you
look around.  It wasn't expensive, something like 50 bucks.

-Bob