[rescue] WTB: SGI (MIPS architecture) Systems

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Fri May 21 09:45:34 CDT 2010

> The keyboard  / mouse for these things have a PS2 type connector but
> they're definitely not a PS2 keyboard/mouse.  I had to buy an old
> Indigo (toaster shaped box, not the Indigo2) just to get a set after I
> stupidly gave my original away when I sold my first Onyx.

> Later I bought an adapter for these things so that I could use
> ordinary PS2 keyboards with them and you can probably find them if you
> look around.  It wasn't expensive, something like 50 bucks.

Wow, I didn't know those existed. I was thinking this morning I wonder if
anyone had tried it with a microcontroller.

I think the protocol of the early SGI keyboards was related to mouse
systems mice.

'man keyboard' on an IRIX box and life is great. The man page has the
pinouts and everything.

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :