[rescue] [Suns-at-Home] Sun E3500 available in PA, US -- still available

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Wed Apr 14 13:13:49 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 01:26:39PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> > I'm not sure if I still have any spare 18GB FC drives, but FC drives
> > are cheap these days, or someone could connect SCSI.
>
> Well, I don't have space for the whole machine, but I've been looking
> for FC disk interfaces - I have a bunch of disks and a chassis but
> nothing to speak to the result with.  If you're going to do anything
> with the machine such that parting it out makes sense, and the FC
> interface is (a) removable and (b) speaks any bus I can handle (which
> basically means PCI, SBus, or VME - while I do have a few others, such
> as Qbus, I don't think Sun uses them), I'd love to get hold of it.

The E3500 has been spoken for.

The FC interface card is E3.5K/4K specific, not a PCI, SBus, or VME card
that could be used in anything else that I know of.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com)
Web: http://mgtinternet.com/