[rescue] Trouble installing HP-UX 11i on a J6700

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Mon Mar 16 02:05:19 CDT 2009

> I forgot to add to turn of "Burn Free" "Seamless Link" or any other buffer
> underrun prevention technology. They work by stretching the standard for
> inter block gaps, and older drives can not read the disks with the
> bigger gaps.

Well, AFAIK the stretched gaps only appear when the "burn-free"
technology is actually used because of loss of streaming, not just when
it its enabled just in case. I.e. if your writing source is fast enough,
you never lose streaming and the cd writer never needs to restart the
writing (using these stretched caps on the restart point).

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)