[rescue] Sun Blade 1000 help/problems

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jun 19 16:04:20 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 07:36:09AM -0500, Brock Johnson wrote:
> Be sure and roll the memory with your other set just to verify but, in
> my experience, when the B1k/2k/280 starts spitting those corrected ecc
> errors before it's even started to POST, it's usually the motherboard.
> It use to be a common enough occurrence that around here we would just
> swap the motherboard no questions and deal with it back at the shop.

I had a pair of 280s at one point that had everything but the chassis metal
and power supplies replaced (e.g., the memory had been replaced, the CPUs
had been replaced, and the motherboard had been replaced), and they were
STILL unstable (the power supplies were tested good multiple times).

I'm convinced they were haunted.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford