[rescue] Sun Blade 1000 help/problems

Brock Johnson wildefire at brotay.net
Thu Jun 19 07:36:09 CDT 2008

Be sure and roll the memory with your other set just to verify but, in
my experience, when the B1k/2k/280 starts spitting those corrected ecc
errors before it's even started to POST, it's usually the motherboard.
It use to be a common enough occurrence that around here we would just
swap the motherboard no questions and deal with it back at the shop.

As far as salvaging the board, get it out of the system and pull the CPU
shroud assembly. You can get in and examine the pin and blade connectors
that are used for the processors. It is quite possible there is just a
bent pin or something but you'll need to get a good visual inspection of
the thing to have any shot at seeing one, and those pins are quite small.

Additionally, the ring torque wrenches that came with the 1000's are
rather ill-suited to doing anything in my experience. If you're able,
you might pickup one of the regular torque drivers that comes with the
2000. (I believe the P/N is 250-1611)