[rescue] Q: regarding ES40 video

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 11 11:55:22 CDT 2008

My machine has keyboard/mouse ports, and the web site at HP lists the Radeon 7500 PCI video card as compatible... Would a retail (non-HP/Compaq) Radeon 7500 work? I see 128 Meg Radeon 7500 PCI card is $40 at Tiger Direct - that could be a nice addition to the machine (but it must be supported by SRM - the real card from HP costs a few hundred dollars, but I don't know if there is any firmware on the card specific to AXP).

Also, any cheap OpenVMS compatible SATA controllers ;^)\

I guess I could add some Sun MultiPacks and stow them in the pedestal, but fast SATA would be fun... I guess I'd have to go to Linux or *BSD to use devices like that ;^)

Lionel