[rescue] Thanks_Re: Wanted: SS10 mainboard

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jul 29 04:41:28 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 01:06:19AM -0400, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> In all seriousness, I really appreciate the community of the rescue and
> geeks lists.  I have been on rescue for at least six years and i can't
> recall any time that i thought you were unfair.  It's just fun sometimes
> to see something stupid happen on the list and say to myself like a 8
> year old:  "oooh! you're in trouble! just wait until mr.bill gets home
> and reads what you posted!"

You should see the sunmanagers list!

I don't have enough free time in the day to keep up every post on all the
lists I host or maintain - sunhelp, geeks, rescue, a couple of private
lists, AND the SunManagers list - so there's 3-4 people on sunmanagers that
report stupid doo-doo poopyheads to me so I can nuke them.

That list tends to attract more people who want to use it for "HAY TELL ME
HOW I MAKE SOLARIS WORK" and not read the list FAQ or guidelines - they get
nuked in very short order.  Very rarely nowdays do I give a warning rather
than just removing them to begin with; not with almost 6000 people
subscribed.

Wow, I just realized I've been running/maintaining sunmanagers for eight
years now.

The rescue list has been around for ten years now - the earliest valid
archive from using Mailman is from May of '99, but it (and the SunHELP
list) were on Procmail/Smartlist before that.

http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue/1999-May/002672.html
http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/sunhelp/1999-May/001698.html

Looks like the Geeks list started sometime in March of 2001:

http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/geeks/2001-March/date.html

Bill

--
Bill Bradford