[rescue] FS: Kaito/Degen 1103 (aka Grundig/Eton E5) Shortwave Radio

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Aug 7 15:11:18 CDT 2008

I bought this Kaito 1103 AM/FM/full coverage shortwave  receiver from the
manufacturer off Amazon in December of last year.  I've used it as a desktop
radio at work since about a week after I got it, and just finished
replacing it with a HD Radio [0].

The Kaito 1103, also sold as the Degen 1103, is the same radio as the Eton
E5/Grundig G5 except it has a slightly different user interface; otherwise
the guts are the same.

Links and info:

Kaito/Degen 1103:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5071
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4288
http://www.radiointel.com/review-degende1103.htm
http://www.radioscanner.ru/receivers/review/degen1103_eng.html
http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/05/adventures_in_a.html
http://www.vwvagabonds.com/ShortWaveRadioDegen.html
http://www.radiolabs.com/products/radio/Kaito/kaito-1103.php
http://www.amazon.com/Kaito-KA1103-Worldband-Radio/dp/B0006OCEFY
http://www.radiointel.com/review-etone5.htm

I was able to use the Eton version of this radio to pick up the HAARP
ionosphere propagation tests back in January, using only a longwire antenna
thrown across the floor of my "lab room" at home, in Texas.

Radio is complete in box - with carrying pouch, 16' longwire antenna, other
reel-type longwire antenna, AC adapter, manual, and all paperwork including
receipt/invoice for warranty purposes.  The original one-year warranty is
still valid until December.

$60 shipped or best offer.

Bill

[0] Bought one of the Accurian HD radios from Radio Shack.  They came out
 two years ago for $145, were recently put on clearance for $99, and I paid
 $89 because it was the display model.

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas