[rescue] Disk Size Limits (WAS RE: Apple 2GB Quantum Fireball ST SCSI HD)

Saquinn624 at aol.com Saquinn624 at aol.com
Thu Aug 7 20:33:29 CDT 2008

The big issue with the VAXstation 3100 (all models) and the MicroVAX 3100
(early models, /10 and /20 I think) comes when you try to use VMS, since it
doesn't do partitions. In that case, your boot disk needs to be under 1.02 GB or
things can get unpleasant.

There exists images for a patched PROM/VMB for these beasts somewhere that
supports the newer (large-disk) SCSI command set. I have them downloaded but as
I have no PROM burner it hasn't progressed any further.

Looking
for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL
Autos.