[rescue] Hard disk lifespans in Sun gear

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Oct 18 11:22:00 CDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 10:56:48AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> As the self-proclaimed Ultra 2 "expert" on the list (anyone that
> disagrees will get one of my 10 or so Ultra 2 "shelf queens" thrown at
> them ;^)

AHA!  A CHALLENGE!

http://www.mrbill.net/office/after/IMG_0060.jpg

That's the ones I *didnt* throw away or scavenge parts out of.  I think
when we moved out of that office in Austin I gave away 17 Ultra2 systems to
rescue folk.

I had six of seven of them piled up here in my Houston office about a
year ago until I finally made myself strip the good parts out and toss
those chassis.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford