[rescue] Stumbled on this pdp8/m? on ebay...

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Tue May 29 21:42:01 CDT 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 08:24:39PM -0400, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > If you're certain it's a shill (which seems likely based on the
> > evidence), file an eBay complaint, it's a ToS violation.
> >

> Well, while I'm pretty certain, how you can be truly certain.
>
> Also, regardless, this seller does so much business with eBay, I can't
> see them
> 'following through' on a ToS violation... it would be biting a hand that
> feeds them.
>
> Everything about this seller is fishy... that's why I haven't bid 'pdp8
> prices' on
> it... as you don't know what you are getting, and having to deal with a
> seller with
> a non stellar (putting it lightly) record.

I'd still suggest that you should report it to eBay as a possible shill
bidder.  Hopefully, if enough people report it, they'll actually look
into it, and potentially do something about it.

Just because you aren't 100% sure that it's a shill, if it looks like it
might be, you should report it, so that eBay knows to investigate it..
it's not like eBay is going to immediately do anything to their account
if you report them and, it's just a coincidence.

Based upon the combination of the lack of feedback from the seller on
the bidder's account, and the sheer number of items the bidder has won
from the seller in the past 30 days, it seems very unlikely that this
could just be a coincidence, to me anyways.

Pat