[rescue] Stumbled on this pdp8/m? on ebay...

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue May 29 19:24:39 CDT 2007

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
>
>> Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>
>>> His listing concerns me - his title is bad, the description is non-existant, and he seems to *revel* in the fact that everything is sold as-is, with no warranty. But the final thing that gets me, and this alone could break the deal for me, is he claims 900,000 positive feedbacks, yet eBay shows 200,000+, and he has a 90% positive approval - that means 20,000+ folks felt "burned" or unhappy with their transaction (assuming any "no response" is left out of the calculation)...
>>>

>> For anyone following this one (and this is the third time I've
>> participated in 'this'
>> auction), I've now seen the last two times won by the same bidder
>> (whypaymore$).
>>
>> I'm 99.9% positive this is shill bidding in action.
>>
>> But unless the seller is claiming the high bidder never paid, then each
>> time he
>> shills and loses, his profit is going to go down.
>>
>> Does this smell like a shill to everyone else here too ?
>>
>> This seller is fishy...
>>
>> He can list it several hundred times if he wants... but if he thinks I'm
>> going to push
>> my bid up and up till I find the limits of his shill, he's going to lose
>> his shirt on this
>> item... because as previously discussed, this could likely be an empty
>> unit... devoid
>> of cards...
>>

> If you're certain it's a shill (which seems likely based on the
> evidence), file an eBay complaint, it's a ToS violation.

Well, while I'm pretty certain, how you can be truly certain.

Also, regardless, this seller does so much business with eBay, I can't
see them
'following through' on a ToS violation... it would be biting a hand that
feeds them.

Everything about this seller is fishy... that's why I haven't bid 'pdp8
prices' on
it... as you don't know what you are getting, and having to deal with a
seller with
a non stellar (putting it lightly) record.

-- Curt