[rescue] Amiga videos online for your enjoyment

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed May 23 18:11:21 CDT 2007

On 5/23/07, Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us> wrote:
> " From: velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com>
> "
> " It kills me when people complain about things on Suns but don't bother
> " to keep up with Solaris' advancements--like smpatch (admittedly it is
> " immature, but it is far ahead of applying clusters).
>
> i tried to get smpatch working on my s8 system, but even after
> connecting the dots - at least as far as i could tell - it didn't do
> anything.  if you or anyone can help me, i'd appreciate it.

smpatch on my Sol 10 box works fine for the non-reboot requiring
patches, but the system breaks down as far as the kernel patches go
because, iirc, there is no way to force those to be applied and I was
unwilling to go to single user mode for a workstation to apply
patches.  I'm keeping my eye on smpatch for further changes, though.

> i'm currently [for the last 2 months] in a battle with sun to get
> scripted patch access working again.  their own getsolpatch.sh fails
> to authenticate, when i can use the exact url in my browser.

For my last patch update last week, I resorted to installing pca,
which seemed to work well as a stop gap over applying an entire patch
cluster.  I've been patching about every 14 days due to some "issues"
we had here at work and it being only my workstation.

=Nadine=