[rescue] FS: Matched pair of 1G MacBook 667MHz SODIMMS

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri Jun 29 08:57:49 CDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 08:18:00PM -0600, Peter Wargo wrote:
> On Jun 28, 2007, at 8:37 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> I really like my Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, but I choose to stay at 2
>> Gigs, because I (mistakenly, perhaps) thinking the laptop would
>> take advantage of dual-channel memory access speeds when two
>> identical SIMMs are installed...
>
> Well, I've been doing business with OWC for years, so their notes on
> the whole thing seem to make sense:
>
> http://eshop.macsales.com/Reviews/MacBook/Testing/Memory_Benchmarks
>
> Since I run Parallels a great deal (nothing like Solaris with your OS
> X!), I can sure use the extra 1G of RAM....

Okay, reading that page, I seem to see that I can go to up to 4 gigs of
RAM in my 2Ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook?  Apple's website says they can go up
to 2 gigs (which is what I've got in it right now).  In any case, for
a bit over $230, I could double my RAM and give my brother's CoreDuo a
bump.  Nice.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org