[rescue] FS: Matched pair of 1G MacBook 667MHz SODIMMS.

Peter Wargo thog at thogscave.net
Thu Jun 28 21:18:00 CDT 2007

On Jun 28, 2007, at 8:37 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I really like my Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, but I choose to stay at 2
> Gigs, because I (mistakenly, perhaps) thinking the laptop would
> take advantage of dual-channel memory access speeds when two
> identical SIMMs are installed...

Well, I've been doing business with OWC for years, so their notes on
the whole thing seem to make sense:

http://eshop.macsales.com/Reviews/MacBook/Testing/Memory_Benchmarks

Since I run Parallels a great deal (nothing like Solaris with your OS
X!), I can sure use the extra 1G of RAM....

> I got mine as an Apple refurb with the 2.16 GHz processor, the rev
> prior to the current one - what did you get, current rev or prior?

I had the original MacBook 2.0GHz (Core Duo), after the problems I
had (oddly enough, all the fault of the service depot, not the
computer), they replaced it with one of the new 2.16GHz Core 2
machines.  Nice of 'em.  So, to celebrate, I'm bumping it to 3G RAM
and a 250G HD.  Bloody thing is as fast (or faster) than my G5, and
weighs 5.1 lbs.

-Pete