[rescue] E4000 Problem

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jun 20 10:59:25 CDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 12:47:26AM -0600, Peter Wargo wrote:
> Clean is good.  Just remember, these boxes were designed for data
> centers, which should be 71F and 50-60% RH.  They are especially
> sensitive to low humidity and the static electricity it generates....

At $JOB-1, we had a cabinet that someone had decided to put THREE E4K-series
machines in, along with an A1000 for each.  I ended up using a couple of
20" box fans as emergency cooling after the first couple of times that a
system cooked a CPU board.

"just go and put that fan away temporarily while the bigwigs come through
for a tour, ok?"

Bill

--
Bill Bradford