[rescue] AmigaOS 3.1 Install Disk

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 18:03:13 CDT 2007

On 15 Jun 2007, at 16:33, Peter Corlett wrote:

> It's something you can stick in the .uaerc, but whether this is
> particularly
> well documented is anybody's guess.

In WinUAE it's very well supported. In E-UAE it needs either class
A .uaerc hacking skills (that I don't have) or a UI that supports
using hardfiles. On OS X it's totally possible (using the 'HiTorro'
support UI), elsewhere I don't know the ins and outs.

It is a feature that UAE has had for many years however, but as
WinUAE was the most popular that's where it was best supported. E-UAE
is a recent project to try and bring WinUAE's levels of functionality
to other platforms, like OS X, Linux/BSD/UNIX and Amiga OS 4.0.

FWIW I have in the past been able to mount SCSI and latterly IDE
Amiga disks via WinUAE, It's not a  process I'd ever recommend if you
were without a backup, however :)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: