[rescue] AmigaOS 3.1 Install Disk

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Jun 15 10:33:27 CDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 11:56:40AM +0800, Ronald Gilchrist wrote:
> On 6/11/07, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> Use /dev/sda or whatever instead of a file as your hard disk image.

> Will this work? WIll it create boot sectors etc correctly?

It should work, although there is a possibility that it will *only* create
the boot sectors and not mount the filesystems thus described. If that's the
case, assuming you have AmigaOS partition support in your Linux kernel, you
can reboot and the newly-partitioned disk will appear as /dev/sda1 et al and
you can create additional hardfiles for those partitions and install the OS
into there.

> I was reading that WinUAE/UAE etc have the option to use a 'hardfile' but
> cannot find that functionality in E-UAE or UAE on my linux machine. Can
> they still do this?

It's something you can stick in the .uaerc, but whether this is particularly
well documented is anybody's guess.