[rescue] AmigaOS 3.1 Install Disk

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 02:28:34 CDT 2007

On 11 Jun 2007, at 06:43, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 12:34:21AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>> I'll be making a set myself later this week; I'll be glad to make
>> you a
>> set as well and send it.  Ping me mid-week offlist and I'll see
>> what I can
>> do.
>

> The last Amiga I had was a 2000 in the era when mine was a rare one
> with
> a CD-ROM drive. I don't know if it would boot from it, I never had
> a system CD-ROM.
>

> This brings up a question. Will it boot from a CD-ROM? Was there ever
> an Amiga boot CD?

Alas, the only Amigas that supported CD booting were the CDTV and the
CD32. There are patch utilities that allow you to boot from a CD32 CD
on a desktop if you have a hard drive, but that wouldn't help. As far
as I know also no AmigaOS 3.5/3.9 CDs are bootable on those, but I
could be wrong.

This is a good reason why I have about 10 copies of the 3.1 install
disk (including 2 complete original copies of WB 3.1 disks).

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>