[rescue] AmigaOS 3.1 Install Disk

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jun 11 00:52:43 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 08:43:10AM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> The last Amiga I had was a 2000 in the era when mine was a rare one with
> a CD-ROM drive. I don't know if it would boot from it, I never had
> a system CD-ROM.
> This brings up a question. Will it boot from a CD-ROM? Was there ever
> an Amiga boot CD?

AmigaOS 3.9 assumes that you already have 3.1 or 3.5 installed.  You use
that existing system (with a CD-ROM drive) to run a program on the 3.9
CD that creates a 3.9 boot floppy.

You then boot from that 3.9 boot floppy, and it installs AmigaOS 3.9 from
the CD-ROM.

AmigaOS 3.1 and earlier were all floppy-based installs.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas