[rescue] Sony NWS-3410 switch settings?

Marc Gutschner Marc.Gutschner at gmx.de
Fri Jun 8 11:25:36 CDT 2007

[...]
> Any SoG monitor that takes 3BNC should work.

Yep, it does - after finding this "press reset-and-power simultaniously" work around it comes up to the PROM like expected

> At one point I had one of these, along with the "real" Sony monitor,
> external tape drive, etc.  It powered up, but the OS install was bad
> and I didn't have reinstall tapes. 8-(  Tried to donate it to the NetBSD

When I got this machine a couple of years ago (it's been in storage for the past 5 or 6 years...), it came with install tapes and two large cardboard boxes full of manuals - alas I can't find them at the moment. All I have is the "System Managers Manual" that - oddly enough - is essentially the original CSRG 4.3BSD documentation for the VAX-11 series in a nice Sony binder ;-)

[...]>
> Unfortunately, there's a huge lack of information online about these
> machines (at least on English-language websites); they were decent

Well, I've found exactly on posting in the NetBSD archives that didn't work at first because of the dead NVRAM... Now it appears to boot but stalls before the login prompt - I'll investigate this further...

regards,
Marc