[rescue] VS80 DLT tape drive question

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 11:18:11 CST 2007

In the defense industry we did the same thing until a
few years ago when it was deemed that even that was
not enough for hard drives.  At least where I was we
had to physically destroy the drives.

Before that edict it was really neat to watch 20 or 30
hard drives become suspended in mid-air - before
flying to the opposite side of the bin - when they
turned the demagnitier on (ours had a see-thru side).

steve
ft worth tx