[rescue] FS: Sonnet Cressendo G4/350

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Dec 1 15:14:08 CST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007, at 4:02 PM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Idiots are trying to do the same thing in the US.  Already is like
> that in many states.
>
> One local city charges $20 per item to dispose of computer equipment.
>
> I'd go broke just tossing out the excess from routine trades and ebay
> grabs.
>
> I'm all for recycling, but why is it that the little guy has to pay
> for it, when the fat cats are the ones who are so irresponsible in the
> materials used and the fact that nothing lasts very long?
>
> In my area, it is precisely the people that really do recycle that
> have to pay the most and get the most grief over it.
>
> Really screwed up system, and looks to be getting worse.

Locally where I live households and small businesses can hand in
computer stuff for recycling for free.  Their cut off is 10 items
(CPU, external disk case, or monitor each constitute an item) per
trip.  I've started making the extra effort to go there and to get my
employer to go there as well.

This seems the right way to approach it from the end user
perspective.  I don't think it would hurt to try to get manufactures
to finance some of this, and I'm sure the recycled materials would
also finance some of it.