[rescue] Should I buy a 12" G4 iBook?

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 1 15:04:43 CST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> The Asus Eee is a very compromise-laden design to suit a particular
> market segment. The Eee is a low weight, low power, small design
> with minimal moving parts. A G4 iBook is an entirely different beast.
>
> I'd prefer the iBook to the Eee for anything that involves fairly
> stationary computing - the Eee is really about being a tiny laptop
> for odd moments while in transit...

It should be good for things like remote data collection and
specialize applications like that, where input is either automatic or
minimal.

Definitely has uses.

Also interesting might be a machine tiny like that, but not in laptop
form.  Just a tiny box with very low power and good I/O that you could
use for a variety of data collection and remote processing tasks.

Of course, we can probably do a lot of that on our own with various
kits and bits.