[rescue] FS: Sonnet Cressendo G4/350

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 1 15:02:31 CST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007, at 3:36 PM, Peter Corlett wrote:

> On 27 Nov 2007, at 18:18, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> [...]
>> I have to wonder how long it'll be before things like WEEE make
>> this a
>> difficult proposition.
>
> Apparently Red Ken was proposing charging 50p/kg to householders to
> dispose of nonrecyclable waste. At that price, it's cheaper to save up
> 20kg of the stuff and post it to Ken's office.

Idiots are trying to do the same thing in the US.  Already is like
that in many states.

One local city charges $20 per item to dispose of computer equipment.

I'd go broke just tossing out the excess from routine trades and ebay
grabs.

I'm all for recycling, but why is it that the little guy has to pay
for it, when the fat cats are the ones who are so irresponsible in the
materials used and the fact that nothing lasts very long?

In my area, it is precisely the people that really do recycle that
have to pay the most and get the most grief over it.

Really screwed up system, and looks to be getting worse.