[rescue] Need Sun 3/110 RAM and Battery

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Aug 24 03:24:26 CDT 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:29:25 -0400
"Earl Baugh" <earl at baugh.org> wrote:

> Actually I was thinking about how I might figure it out...
> It will be tedious since I have to remove the board each time I
> change a chip, but a good plan of attack.  It is a reproducable
You may contact Peter from http://www.sun3zoo.de/ He may be able to
determine the chip on base of the address.

Is the RAM fault on the CPU board? You can use a Sun VME CPU board
without VME card cage. I did this with a 3/160 board, that I dug out of
a dumpster. I soldered some wires and an AT-PSU style power plug to the
pins of a VME connector. That connector goes into VME socket 3 of the
CPU, as that connector is for power only. Connect a generic PeeCee PSU
and you can power up the "naked" CPU board on your workbench.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen