[rescue] Bondi-ng

N. Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 18:15:31 CDT 2007

On Jul 23, 2007, at 9:35 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> If your drive is capable of 66mHz DMA the iMac will use it, but
> can't keep
> up with it. You need a 33mHz DMA drive. MacOS 8 had support for it
> (forcing 33mHz on a 66mHz drive). MacOS 9 did not, and you had to use
> the defunct and impossible to find FWB hard disk toolkit.

[...]

> XpostFacto does not include a fix for it, and Apple claimed when they
> dropped it that they never shipped a computer with those chips in it
> that had anything faster than 33mHz DMA.
>
> If you need storage you can always get a USB drive, but they are
> relatively slow.
>
> I have been collecting Mac Software for a privatearchive for a
> while and
> I have had no luck in finding anything from FWB. It must have been
> extremely rare,

Late to this party, have been ignoring email for several weeks,
trying to work on some non-computer stuff.

I'm not 100% certain, but I thought OWC had this for sale on their
web site (since they were pushing XpostFacto so much early on).

I have a lot of older Mac software, none of which is catalogued at
the moment.  I'll do some looking to see what I can find.  Do you
know which versions of FWB HDT included it?

=Nadine=