[rescue] Bondi-ng

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Aug 18 19:12:38 CDT 2007

Nadine wrote:

> I'm not 100% certain, but I thought OWC had this for sale on their
> web site (since they were pushing XpostFacto so much early on).
>
> I have a lot of older Mac software, none of which is catalogued at
> the moment.  I'll do some looking to see what I can find.  Do you
> know which versions of FWB HDT included it?

I haven't a  clue. I once saw an oblique reference to it and have long
since lost it.  I remembered it because I don't have it.

>From what I read, FWB bought Virtual PC. They announced an OS X beta
and when their investors got tired of waiting, they revealed that it
never had been started, the company folded and completely disapeared.

As for their hard disk and CD-ROM toolkits, I have never had a copy.
none of the usual "archive" sites have one, and neither has any of the
Mac owners or collectors I have asked.

An earlier version (not usefull in this case) should be around, it was
included with one of the Mac clones and came on the instalation CD.
Unfortunately, I have only heard of one of them in Israel and it was
offered to me for a price I could not afford (or want to pay) by
someone who thought it still had that much value. Asking them to
let me borrow the CD was not an option.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838