[rescue] Looking for 4 head AGP card (PeeCee)

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Sat Aug 11 17:30:37 CDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 19:31, Ethan O'Toole wrote:

> I just took another look at the Matrox box that splits the displays. I
> think it passes data over the VGA pins to tell the box what to do,
> as it
> seems to integreate with the Windows dual head display settings. This
> could proove troublesome with Linux.

I believe that at least some versions do not do that - I read a
review a while ago for these devices and it said that they
specifically did not play well with Windows' dual-monitor setups...
this is because Windows just saw one monitor (which happened to be
suspiciously twice as wide as a normal monitor).

So, if the new versions have improved themselves so as to not be
useful to you, perhaps an older version would work better? If you can
find one, of course.

  - Micah