[rescue] Looking for 4 head AGP card (PeeCee)

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Fri Aug 10 10:08:58 CDT 2007

> BTW, the logical next step is a 360 setup. Like Disney use(d) at
> Epcot center, or at Expo 86 (Vancouver) and before that Expo 67
> (Montreal). But all of these were using film cameras and film
> projectors (would be pretty easy to do this with computers and
> projectors).
> Francois

The goal is to do something similiar to a video wall, basically in the
front of the room there will be 4 screens. They won't be side by side, I
plan to make all images used in the video 4096x768, then only use like
1025 to 4049, if I wanted to manipulate the 2nd screen from the left.
Basically, a really nasty premiere project.

I will export the video in some sort codec that is less space efficient
and less processor intensive, to try to cut down CPU chomp (aka, not doing
it in x264 MPEG4).

Think a standard quad output PCI card could do four displays @ 1024x768 @
30fps?

Also, if vlc or whatever can use the card for acceleration....

I noticed people are saying that some of the cards (ATI) with quad
outputs, there are issues with the video overlay functions... like you
can't do video on more than 1 monitor per graphics chip.

They will be feeding LCD or DLP projectors.