[rescue] Looking for 4 head AGP card (PeeCee)

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 08:51:44 CDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net> wrote:
> > You've seen Matrox's "multiple heads on a single output" adapter box,
> > right?  It basically presents DDC info of a 2048x768, etc, monitor to
> > whatever graphics card you have, then splits that across
>
> Never seen that one before! Odd! Thanks for the heads up.

Are you trying to do a videowall? That technique above is used on a
lot of high end scan converters. Some have RGB input and depending on
the brand/model have up to 4 wide and 4 high RGB outs (tres tres
dispendieux, mon ami). Cheaper would be to use 2x PCI express cards
with dual out.

> I'm thinking about trying to scrape one of the PCI Nvidia cards up... they
> seem cheap enough, and that would allow me to test doing 4096x768 and
> 2400x600 ... PCI, but if I can make it work on PCI then it would definitly
> work on AGP :-)

You could also use non standard resolutions, depending if you are
driving analog or lcd screen or even projector (digital need to be
driven at native resolution for a decent image quality).

 BTW, the logical next step is a 360 setup. Like Disney use(d) at
Epcot center, or at Expo 86 (Vancouver) and before that Expo 67
(Montreal). But all of these were using film cameras and film
projectors (would be pretty easy to do this with computers and
projectors).

Francois