[rescue] DEC keyboards

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 10:36:09 CST 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> What did you not like about them?

Their software and menu interface is far inferior to the VT4xx
software/menu.  Plus they break backwards compatibility with the older
series.

> It seems to "just work". The main reason I replaced my 3xx series
> terminal was because they were so slow.
>
>>> I always thought DEC terminal keyboards were light and mushy.
>> That's the main reason I'm in the process of trading my VT420s in for
>> some variety of IBM terminals.
>
> You know, I've never seen a non-mainframe IBM terminal before.
>
> Something to check out some time.

Right now I'm trying to find out what the difference is between the IBM
3151 and 3161 terminals.  I also would probably want to know the
difference between the 3151 and 3153.  I know the 3153 is a lot newer.

Plus I'm seeing if I can find a 3164 or two for cheap, and I'm seeing if
NetBSD can address these terminals in block mode.

Peace...  Sridhar