[rescue] DEC keyboards

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Nov 13 18:02:35 CST 2006

Mon, 13 Nov 2006 @ 17:31 -0500, Sridhar Ayengar said:

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > My VT520 has a PS/2 interface, but it came with a standard DEC terminal
> > keyboard.
>
> Compared to other DEC terminals, IMHO the VT5xx-series terminals just
> seem to me to be hunks of junk.

What did you not like about them?

My 520 seems to work well. I've never understood the oddities of DEC
terminal software, but that was true of the old ones too.

It seems to "just work". The main reason I replaced my 3xx series
terminal was because they were so slow.

> > I always thought DEC terminal keyboards were light and mushy.
>
> That's the main reason I'm in the process of trading my VT420s in for
> some variety of IBM terminals.

You know, I've never seen a non-mainframe IBM terminal before.

Something to check out some time.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There is no such thing as security.  Life
is either bold adventure, or it is nothing -- Helen Keller"]