[rescue] Biggest drives (and SVM) in a U60?

Sat May 20 01:57:28 CDT 2006

> UFS itself can't deal with a filesystem larger than 16Tbytes,

You appear to be talking about Solaris here, and what you meant might
be closer to "Solaris's UFS implementation can't...".  But I've been
unable to find any inherent (ie, non-implementation-imposed) limit on
the size of a Berkeley Fast Filesystem (which Sun calls UFS) size short
of various 64-bit values in various places, provided you're willing to
use large enough frags and blocks.

> and the root filesystem should be less than 2Gbytes

What's this?  I know of a 1G limit in some ROM versions, but that (a)
affects the boot filesystem, not the root filesystem, and (b) is 1G,
not 2G.  Is this Solaris brain damage, or what?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca