[rescue] Biggest drives (and SVM) in a U60?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Fri May 19 11:57:31 CDT 2006

On Fri, 19 May 2006 12:19:53 -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 04:34:05PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> > the root filesystem should be less than 2Gbytes (there are
>
> From my experience, "dealing with something modern" means something

I guess we all put the 'here be old stuff' sticker somewhere different.
I tend to call things old if you can't buy them from the manufacturer
new; won't stop me using them though.

> an SS20 or newer.  Actually, I know I've used one big 3.something
> partition (a ST15150N with a swap partition and the rest in one big

I was being 'safe' by using the lowest limit mentioned which was for OBP
3.0 which I now feel is pretty ancient. I certainly don't remember ever
encountering it so I guess you can ignore what I said about the root
filesystem limit.

Just goes to show, when you're waiting for an electrician to phone back
to arrange to come out to sort out a dead water heater, you need to
think a little more :)