[rescue] Sun, SGI and IBM at the U of Washington auction Staurday

Paxton innfosun at gmail.com
Mon May 1 12:47:06 CDT 2006

I was browsing the auction catalog for the University of Washington
Auction this Saturday.

http://www.cac.washington.edu/admin/surplus/may2006catalog.html

I noticed a single lot (19) of Sun equipment and a single lot lot (18)
of SGI Equipment (12 units consisting of O2s, indys, an indigo,
Octaines and more.

There are two lots of IBM servers, lots 10 & 12, There is also large
IBM SP2 supercomputer (lot 1) with this as a description;

IBM SP2 (7 NODES) MAINFRAME COMPUTER WHICH INCLUDES: Frame has
enhanced HPS Switch, 1 wide node, dual processor, 1GB memory;
2 thin nodes, each with four processors, 1GB memory; 2 thin nodes,
each with four processors, 2GB memory; 2 thin nodes, each with four
processors, 4GB memory;
Each node has 2-9.1GB SCSI disks, 14 disks total, 127.4GB total capacity

There is also something called a PLASMON ARCHIVER which I think is a
high density optical disk storage unit with Terrabytes of storage.

Here is online bidding with Proxibid.
http://www.proxibid.com/asp/catalog.asp?aid=3847

However I think it is a regular oral auction in Seattle, WA. It used
to be well worth attending for me in the past. Unfortunitely I have a
meeting in Eugene OR that day and can't go. If anyone goews please
post feedback.

--
Paxton Hoag
Astoria, OR