[rescue] (Offtopic) X-Message-Flag fun for Outlook users

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sat Jul 29 12:05:58 CDT 2006

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Look, I don't want to make a big deal out of this (too late?) but really, step back for a minute - what numerous people are defending, nay, encouraging is the exploitation of a platform-specific feature in the software to annoy users into changing their platform...

Actually, no, I really don't care that much whether people change their
platform.  I just want them to get aware enough of its problems top
pester Microsoft enough to get Microsoft to *secure* it so that the rest
of us don't have to deal with all the fallout and collateral damage.

If enough of their customers complain, sooner or later even Microsoft
will have to listen.

(Actually, good news on that front: I hear from a friend who's a tester
for Microsoft that in Vista, ActiveX is supposedly going to be sandboxed
like it should have been in the first place.  He also says IE7 on Vista
will be decoupled from the OS, like it should have remained all along.
Both of those will help.)