[rescue] Bookmark management [was: O/S for 133/150mhz laptops???]

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Jul 23 11:26:08 CDT 2006

Sat, 22 Jul 2006 @ 11:00 -0500, Michael Parson said:

> I've not sniffed the wire to watch everything going on while it's doing
> it's thing, but my Mac is just slow enough that I can watch the status
> messages, though they are not very meaningful.
>
> When you re-arrange the bookmarks on one system, once synced, any other
> system will have the same arrangement.
>
> It seems to sync some of the stuff in real time, as you do it.  Other stuff
> gets handled in batch at the end of the session.

I installed it and tested it.

I have a dual-boot Linux/Windows PC, and have always hated not having my
Firefox stuff updated in each side.

Google browser sync works great for this, with some caveats.

> One caveat:  To keep things clean, you really should only have one copy
> of firefox running on one system at a time.  If another browser logs in
> with the same credentials, you'll get logged off of the earlier one, and
> any further changes will not get synced back, unless you re-log in and
> bump the second one off.  Did that make sense?

It would be nice if you could run multiple copies.  For example, I
sometimes have several workstations running Firefox, and would like
to see them sync up.

Of course, that is a much harder problem, so following you physically
probably is the best idea overall.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Well, I have entered the "metallic years."
Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, lead in my ass... -- Sheldon Hall in