[rescue] Bookmark management [was: O/S for 133/150mhz laptops???]

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 13:42:03 CDT 2006

On 7/20/06, Michael Parson <mparson at bl.org> wrote:
> Or find one windows box you can install firefox and the extension on,
> clean up the bookmarks there, then sync them all back.  Then go drink
> heavily till you no longer remember that you had to put yourself through
> the experience..

I have pared things down somewhat, using Bookmark Buddy in demo mode
on the PC gamebox.  At one point the main bookmark file on that
computer took about 2-3 seconds to open.

The real issue is that, in addition to the three different versions
active on my 3 current computers, I have many other copies from the
computers I've used at work, my old PC that is dead, etc.

I think I am just going to have to suck it up and suffer through doing
it on the PC.  All the Mac programs I have looked seem to think you'll
want to use a separate application all the time to access your
bookmarks, rather than just using it as a utility.  And that doesn't
fit what I want, either.

I'm not sure that using google bookmark sync would be a good thing for
me either, as I have 2 gmail accounts that I use quite regularly, one
for geeky mailing lists and social stuff, and another for professional
stuff.

=Nadine=