[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Mon Jul 3 15:51:06 CDT 2006

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Don Y <dgy at DakotaCom.Net>
> "
> "
> " I donate them to the local library's "used book sale".
> " I figure the types of people who get up early in the
> " morning and wait outdoors (in February) in very long lines
> " are PROBABALY more likely to appreciate them than the
> " folks who *rarely* visit the library or a bookstore.
>
> watch out though - if they don't find a buyer the library's likely to
> throw them out with the trash.
>
> it doesn't matter how rare and/or valuable they may be.

I don't think much gets discarded.  The sale lasts two weeks
(they have to restock several times during that period -- a
hundred thousand books takes a while to "move"  :>).

And, on a couple of days they sell you a "bag" for a few
dollars and you can fill it with whatever you want.

Though, as with anything, people often equate what they
PAY for an item with the item's value/worth!  So, they
may eventually end up discarding the title anyway!