[rescue] E4000 Wierdness

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:00:02 CST 2006

On 1/25/06, Michael Vergallen <mvergall at pandora.be> wrote:
> No the issue was heat on the diskboard thus the damn thing tought it was
> failing ..

It might have. Disk boards and CPU / memory boards get hot *with* the
fans. Might even make the board above it fail...

>.as soon as it indicated something more usefull e.i. Fan
> Failure on disk-board I knew what to do...so I simply moved the
> disk-board to a location that has a dedicated psu to keep it cool and it
> just worked without complaining ever since...

Wouldn't cfgadm -al show that slot as unavailable to begin with? I
know it does on my e5000:

sysctrl0:slot5                 unknown      empty        unconfigured
unusable
sysctrl0:slot7                 unknown      empty        unconfigured
unusable

I currently dont have a psu for slot5/7 so it is showing the status as
unusable. The moment I put a cooling/power module, they become
available.

Francois